It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In RTC approval tracking, is it possible to have more than one approvals?

Suresh Raman (9152332) | asked Apr 03 '13, 2:43 p.m.
In RTC approval tracking, there are types of Approvals - Approval, Review and Verification. Is it possible to have more than one type, say approvals?

4 answers

permanent link
Mark Guertin (5867) | answered Apr 03 '13, 3:40 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Can you clarify what you mean? Do you mean can you use more than one type approval on the "Approval" tab, or do you want to add in a new approval type?

Comments
Suresh Raman commented Apr 03 '13, 4:13 p.m.

I would like to have two approvals or two verifications. So can I add one more approval type?

permanent link
Mark Guertin (5867) | answered Apr 03 '13, 4:17 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Yes, you can have two approvals on the approval tab. Click "New Approval", select the type and subject, click OK. Then, repeat the procedure as many times as you would like.

permanent link
Suresh Raman (9152332) | answered Apr 03 '13, 4:52 p.m.
I guess, what I am looking is for two approvals for two different states/actions. In my case, I have two levels of approvals in our workflow - ERB approved/Rejected and CCB approved/Rejected. In this case I need two approval types to associate with different actions. Can this be done?

Hope it is clear now.

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Apr 04 '13, 3:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 04 '13, 3:39 a.m.

Checked with v401 and its only possible to edit the existing approval types to define custom approvals for specific workflows and not possible to create new approval types.

The below snapshot showing where one could edit the existing approval types for custom behavior:
  Approval Trackings Edit

Comments
Dinesh Kumar B commented Apr 04 '13, 3:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

just found the enhancement for ability to define new approval types:
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/93816

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.