It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC for System Z Translator HTTP Error 413

Todd Zook (1156) | asked Apr 03 '13, 11:06 a.m.
retagged Apr 03 '13, 11:59 a.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)

Using RDz v8.5.1 with RTCz v4.0.1

I am receiving sporadic HTTP 413 errors on Translator Definitions. Once I receive one, I can no longer update that particular Translator and I have to create a new one to continue on.

Saving item failed.
Reason:
CRJAZ0098E The com.ibm.team.enterprise.systemdefinition.common.ISystemDefinitionService
{/ccm/service/com.ibm.team.enterprise.systemdefinition.common.ISystemDefinitionService}
service failed. The server returned the HTTP error 413 with this error text: Request Entity Too Large.

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Alex Fitzpatrick (5583816) | answered Jun 11 '13, 4:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 This error message indicates an HTTP protocol error where the body of an HTTP request is larger than the server is configured to handle.

Technote: 413 Request Entity Too Large Error  - "To circumvent this problem, the system administrator must follow the instructions in the WebSphere ... release notes to set a limit that is acceptable for their use"

Please raise this issue with your administrator. (Or use smaller files?)

Comments
Todd Zook commented Jun 12 '13, 7:34 a.m.

Thanks Alex! Actually I had submitted a PMR for this and the results of the logs revealed a defect in the way the Translators are being saved and the more you save them the larger they became. We did put in a fix recommended by the IBM Tech and that has worked and as I understand it a solution will be implemented in the next release.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.