It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC for System Z Translator HTTP Error 413

Todd Zook (1156) | asked Apr 03 '13, 11:06 a.m.
retagged Apr 03 '13, 11:59 a.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)

Using RDz v8.5.1 with RTCz v4.0.1

I am receiving sporadic HTTP 413 errors on Translator Definitions. Once I receive one, I can no longer update that particular Translator and I have to create a new one to continue on.

Saving item failed.
Reason:
CRJAZ0098E The com.ibm.team.enterprise.systemdefinition.common.ISystemDefinitionService
{/ccm/service/com.ibm.team.enterprise.systemdefinition.common.ISystemDefinitionService}
service failed. The server returned the HTTP error 413 with this error text: Request Entity Too Large.

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Alex Fitzpatrick (5583816) | answered Jun 11 '13, 4:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 This error message indicates an HTTP protocol error where the body of an HTTP request is larger than the server is configured to handle.

Technote: 413 Request Entity Too Large Error  - "To circumvent this problem, the system administrator must follow the instructions in the WebSphere ... release notes to set a limit that is acceptable for their use"

Please raise this issue with your administrator. (Or use smaller files?)

Comments
Todd Zook commented Jun 12 '13, 7:34 a.m.

Thanks Alex! Actually I had submitted a PMR for this and the results of the logs revealed a defect in the way the Translators are being saved and the more you save them the larger they became. We did put in a fix recommended by the IBM Tech and that has worked and as I understand it a solution will be implemented in the next release.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.