It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix4 REQUST_STATE_HISTORY unmatched resolution dates

Dave Decker (331516) | asked Apr 01 '13, 4:17 p.m.
I'm running RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix4 with Insight 1.0.1
In troubleshooting a Closed Date ETL issue, i'm investigating STATE change records, specifically table [RIDW].[RIODS].[REQUEST_STATE_HISTORY]
Comparing workitems in this table with the WEB UI, the closed dates don't match , for example, one work item shows a change to completed in HISTORY tab win WEB UI as January 3rd 2013, but it's showing Jan 2, 2013 in the REQUEST_STATE_HISTORY table. How can this be? Where does RTC get its WEB UI resolution date from?

Another work item type (defect) was clearly updated to 'Resolved' on jan 22, has a change date of Jan 7 in REQUEST_STATE_HISTORY table.

Is there a known bug in this older RTC version?
thanks
dave

One answer

permanent link
Sandy Grewal (1.6k1223) | answered Apr 10 '13, 1:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
@Dave the Snapshots do not have the data you see in WebUI.
The Snapshots snapshot the data and is meant for reports. But the raw time should be same.

My guess:
The difference in the times you see may be because you are in a difference timezone than the server.
When the time on the server is Jan 3 hours, but when you display the WI in the Web there is computation based on on your location (based on  TZ set on your PC) and it is showing as Jan 2.
The snapshot gives you the time as recorded on the server so it will not match.

You can try setting your PC timezone to Server timezone and should see same results.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.