It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What Type of RTC Server Extension Should I Use?

Andrew Soloninka (5511924) | asked Apr 01 '13, 1:17 p.m.
I have a requirement that 5 days after a work item is deployed to production all the package, deployment and backup files created during the development of the work item will be deleted. I first looked at Operation Participant(IOperationParticipant) but it didn't seem appropriate. What other type of RTC Server extension could be used?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jorge Diaz (8664434) | answered Apr 11 '13, 7:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 11 '13, 7:56 a.m.
Hi Andrew,

one solution approach to this can be to create a new scheduler that searches for such work items and checks whether this +5 days condition is met to perform the cleanup. Look at the extension point com.ibm.team.repository.service.asynchronousTask; your implementation class would extend AbstractAutoScheduledTask.

For the actual finding of the deployed work item, I suggest you to mark it somehow if not already done: certain state or tag for example (tag sounds a better fit). You can automate this using a follow-up, there are some existing ones that does this tagging already that you can use or code your own.

One additional comment regarding the "cleanup" you want to implement, you would normally be archiving elements instead of doing a deletion. Deleting elements from the repository can have side effects (i.e. if referenced by others).

Regards,

Jorge.
Andrew Soloninka selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andrew Soloninka commented Apr 11 '13, 6:24 p.m.

Thanks Jorge, I will look into this solution. 

Andrew Soloninka commented Apr 29 '13, 2:20 p.m.

Jorge, I have decided to go with this solution. I found some great information in the QueryDevGuide.

2 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 02 '13, 3:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Andrew, that depends on what data needs to be purged and where. See https://jazz.net/library/article/807 for some thoughts related with build artifacts.

Comments
Andrew Soloninka commented Apr 02 '13, 12:34 p.m.
I recently created an extension that creates a team area, stream, workspace, 
and all Enterpise Build Definitions when a Work Item state changes. My new extension needs to delete everything I created in the first extension plus all build requests and build results 5 days after the work item is deployed to production. 

Jorge Diaz commented Apr 02 '13, 2:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

5 days after the work item is deployed: you mean that this work item that originated all the elements (on state creation), would be the one with the change sets linked, and used for packaging and deployment?

Jorge Diaz commented Apr 03 '13, 12:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Andrew, is there any logic (state change, attribute value, ...) after the work item has been successfully deployed?

permanent link
Clement Liu (1.5k54249) | answered Apr 01 '13, 1:35 p.m.
You probably need to develop your own server extension. Check out the link below:

https://jazz.net/library/article/784/

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.