It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM: How to run a Script(.bat) using Script Type "Command Line"?

hui zhao (124) | asked Mar 29 '13, 4:09 a.m.
How to run a .bat file on a Local Network resource in RQM? eg://10.4.32.1/testscript/runqac.bat
I searched the Jazz online help,but not lucky....
Do anyone did that before?

3 answers

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Mar 29 '13, 7:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 29 '13, 7:25 a.m.
Hui,
Based on the screen shot you are trying to import your test script (in this case a Command line Script) from a shared resource. In order to do this, you must first define/create a shared resource in your environment
You can create one by following these step's

Procedure

1.      Log in as a user who has permission to save and modify a project area. This can be any one of the following:

•       A user granted permission to save and modify a project area in the process configuration.
  •        A user who is an administrator of the project area.
  •        A user who is granted either the JazzProjectAdmins or JazzAdmins repository group permissions.

2.      Click the Admin icon in the top right portion of the banner and select Manage Project Properties.

3.      Click Shared Resource Locations.

4.      Click the Add Resource Location icon .

5.      Type the path to the shared location, using the UNC naming convention on Windows or the full path name on Linux, AIX, and Solaris.

6.      Click Save.

Results

After the shared resource has been made available, users can create test scripts that reference that resource from the shared location.

Copy your command line scripts to the shared location and you will be able to import them successively 

permanent link
hui zhao (124) | answered Apr 02 '13, 4:59 a.m.

Thanks.

I defined a Test Script, but still, when I choose execution a test case which include this Test Script. The OK button is grey. WHY? Did I miss something?

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Apr 02 '13, 8:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 02 '13, 8:03 a.m.
 Hui,
From the last screen-shot you posted it doesn't seem like there is a Command Line Adapter available (or started) in your testing environment?
Check the Adapter Console (Execution -> Adapter Console ) to ensure there is a Command line adapter present and available
If you have a moment, take a look at this article

Its a great overview on how to set up, run and customize command line scripts

Ara

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.