It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC - Database table relations

Ben Newell (3224) | asked Mar 28 '13, 3:34 p.m.
I know it's not recommended that we query the database directly, BUT we kind of rely on it for complex data analysis.

I'm trying to figure out how to get all of the work item statuses that have been set in RTC. Basically, get the history of a "defect" work item and view how many times it went from "In Progress" -> "Resolved" -> Etc..

So I basically need to build a relationship between these two tables:

MODEL.WORK_ITEMS
and
WORKITEM_SNAPSHOT.STATE

The latter table is is an educated guess about the work item statuses. It appears to be the table that I need. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time getting all of the states for a particular work_item.

Any help?

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Mar 28 '13, 3:44 p.m.

There are "FROM" and "TO" tables in the snapshots that are supposed to record changes like this ( not an expert, just know that the tables are there )
e.g. WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT.WORKITEM_CHNGS_FROM

Ben Newell commented Mar 29 '13, 7:30 a.m.

Thanks for the reply Kevin.

I don't see this table "WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT.WORKITEM_CHNGS_FROM" in the database.

Here are the WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT tables that are available:

WORKITEM_SNAPSHOT TABLES
As you can see there is a WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT.WORKITEM_CHNGS table but no "TO" or "FROM".

I'm using RTC v 4.0.1 and SQL Server 2008.

Clement Liu commented Mar 30 '13, 5:17 p.m.

Check this link out:

WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT.WORKITEM_CHNGS_FROM is a db view though. 

One answer

permanent link
Josh Crawford (984615) | answered Apr 11 '13, 5:05 p.m.
The data dictionary might be useful here as well.
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.jazz.reports.doc/topics/ccm-roles.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.