It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using the RTC VS plugin alongside TFS

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | asked Mar 27 '13, 7:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

I would like use the RTC plugin inside Visual Studio to look at work items in a RTC project.  However, the code version control and other development activities will continue to use Microsoft Team Foundation Server.

Is this possible?  Or should I stick with the web UI for the RTC parts.

thanks

anthony

p.s VS 2012, RTC 4.0.x

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 28 '13, 4:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Interesting question. Have you tried if you can see the project explorer when using a TFS project?

One answer

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered Mar 28 '13, 2:33 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 28 '13, 2:39 p.m.
 Hi Anthony,
    Yes, it should be possible, though I have no first hand experience with this since no one in my team is allowed to try it out :-).
     To try it out, you should install RTC on top of VS 2012. Next, go to Tools->Options->Source Control, and change the source control plug-in to TFS. That way, you're source controlled through TFS, but can look at your projects, plans, work items etc through RTC Team Artifacts, Work Items and other views. There are no links however, between your source control artifacts and your work items.    
    Let us know how it goes!

Cheers
--Rupa
RTC Development Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.