It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I know the sandbox where a Repository Workspace is loaded ?

GIUSEFFI William (1654) | asked Mar 26 '13, 12:53 p.m.

Use Case: I have several Repository Workspaces (RWS). Some of them flow the same stream. I used different sandboxes to load my RWS.

My favorite editor is vi. I was off for 3 weeks and really enjoyed my vacation.

The first stand up meeting back to work made me forget all about the beatiful beach where I was a few days ago. I have to make changes in the RWS I loaded to fix critical defects. But I cannot remember where this RWS has been loaded. And I need to "vi" my files.

=> How can I find the sandbox where I loaded my Repository Workspace ?

3 answers

permanent link
GIUSEFFI William (1654) | answered Mar 27 '13, 4:38 a.m.
Hi, thank you very much.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 27 '13, 12:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Start up Eclipse, and from Window->Preferences, select the Sandboxes preference, and you'll see the list of sandboxes for that Eclipse workspace.   (just type "sand" in the preferences search box to find the Sandboxes preference).

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Mar 27 '13, 12:52 a.m.
I think the forum topic https://jazz.net/forum/questions/62609/how-do-i-know-the-physical-location-of-the-sandbox answered your question.

In the pending changes view, you can hover over a component in your loaded repository workspace. Press F2 to access the detailed tooltip. The last line is "Loaded in 1 sandbox: <sandbox-path>".
It works for me.

Regards,
Lily

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.