It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Delivery approval precondition for specific roles?

Mike Shkolnik (9808160143) | asked Mar 25 '13, 7:45 p.m.
I've been able to set a precondition that a "Dev" role needs to approve a Delivery. Unfortunately, even someone who already has a Dev role still gets blocked from Delivery until they add themselves as an approver and changes the approval from Pending to Approved. That's kinda pointless. I need to have someone with a Dev role able to Deliver without needing Approval while someone with a Junior Dev role requires Approval from someone with a Dev role. Is it possible to set up a precondition that way?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 26 '13, 3:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Mike, this question confuses me. You either want an approval or you don't. If you want a required approval with different roles for different roles, you could look into this blog that shows the code you would need to automatically create the approval: http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/30/a-create-approval-work-item-save-participant/ .

If you simply want the Junior Dev's to require an approval of a Dev role, but the Dev role does not need an approval, you should consider overwriting the operational behavior for the Dev role not to require an approval. This requires to select the role, in the row of work item save (server), check Preconditions and follow-up actions are configured for this operation. Now enter the behavior that should apply to the developers, leaving out the required approval.

Please carefully read https://jazz.net/library/article/292

Note, you can configure operational behavior at least for role, team, timeline, iteration, iteration type. As mentioned in the article above, the order of roles is important and operational behavior does not accumulate like permissions.

Mike Shkolnik selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mike Shkolnik commented Mar 26 '13, 12:32 p.m.

Ahhh! How did I miss that?! Thanks much.

One other answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 25 '13, 8:05 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I do not believe that there is an out-of-the-box pre-condition that requires approvals only for certain roles, in which case you would need to code one up yourself (and that should be possible).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.