It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change and Configuration Management area - Editor Presentations - Want to Add Section

MIchelle Sheggeby (1155) | asked Mar 25 '13, 10:15 a.m.

Hi,

I'm trying to add in 3 new sections:   Type, Requestor and Fusion Number.   When I pick Add Section, I can create them.  We'd like for these fields to be entered with text and numbers by the end user. Any idea how to add 3 new sections?  I've tried Title, Slot (tried them all) and picked Create Section ID and gave them unique IDs and clicked OK.  However, I'm not able to enter anything in.   Anyone have an idea?

4 answers

permanent link
MIchelle Sheggeby (1155) | answered Mar 25 '13, 12:04 p.m.
Thanks Ralph!!!

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 25 '13, 10:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please at least read this workshop: https://jazz.net/library/article/1093 at least Lab 3. It should provide you with the information you need.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 25 '13, 11:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
MIchelle Sheggeby (1155) | answered Mar 25 '13, 10:50 a.m.

No, have not created any custom attributes.  Don't know how to do that.  Will search.  

My elaboration is the following:

I went into Application Administration - Change and Configuration Management area.  Then did the following steps:

1.  Go to Work Items

2.  Go to Editor Presentations

3.  Clicked on +Add Section

4.  Entered in required Title, Slot (this is a dropdown list and have tried everything there) and under Section, activated radio button for Create Section ID) and typed in name of Requestor (as an example).  

5.  Clicked on the OK button

I can see it added, but I cannot enter anything in. 

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Mar 25 '13, 10:28 a.m.
Hello,

can you please elaborate? Have you already created the custom attributes?
The correct scenario is:
1. create a custom attribute (or three, in your case)
2. create a presentation section
3. create the presentation itself, and select the attribute as the base for the presentation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.