It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work item attributes not visible

Sola Otudeko (4511516) | asked Mar 25 '13, 8:01 a.m.
Hi, we have a plain lib application that connects to RTC to create work items. Problem is the attributes on the Details tab are not displayed in Eclipse when looking at created Work items, just a blank grey tab. All others tabs are fine. On the web, all's fine. If created in Eclipse (and with the user we connect as in the app), no problem. Any one have any idea about this? Thanks
regards
Sola

One answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Mar 25 '13, 9:35 a.m.
edited Mar 25 '13, 9:35 a.m.
How is the application creating the workitems? Is it using REST API?
Is the process template custom or OOTB?
Is the blank tab custom?

Comments
Sola Otudeko commented Mar 25 '13, 1:45 p.m.

Hi Piotr, it is a java app. I have a number of custom attributes on the work item. The process template is OOTB with added custom work item types/attributes. I think it is something to do with the custom attributes, as those that I do not select to appear on the Overview tab (in Editor Pres.) , also do not appear on the Custom tab. It is the Overview tab that is not displaying anyting. I have previous workitems that do display correctly, so it appears this problem was introduced somehow at some point. I've been comparing process src revisions with no luck so far.
regards
Sola

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 25 '13, 2:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sola, I have never heard anything like that. Are there any differences in the attribute values, if you compare the ones that you see and the others? 

Is there anything remarkable in the eclipse log or the error view? 

sam detweiler commented Mar 26 '13, 2:55 p.m.

if you close and open eclipse, does that change the presentation?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.