It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[Client for Visual Studio] Renaming a directory

Jeffrey Cameron (4166) | asked Nov 22 '08, 9:10 a.m.
Is it possible to rename directories on your repository file workspace?? I don't think it can be done through Visual Studio, and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it in RTC that I can see. Can anyone offer some help?

I tried the integration out yesterday ... its working pretty good! Very functional. I love the suspend changes feature

3 answers

permanent link
Jeffrey Cameron (4166) | answered Dec 04 '08, 12:53 p.m.
Thank you for your replies. I have Jazz set up at home (not work) so I will try what you suggest when I get back. Sorry for missing the earliest reply ... I must ahve missed it in my browser too! :)

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Dec 04 '08, 9:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is it possible to rename directories on your repository file workspace? there doesn't seem to be a way to do it in RTC that I can see. Can anyone offer some help?

I assume that you're talking about the top-level directories you have loaded under your sandbox root. If that's the case, you can use RTC to rename them by selecting the loaded directory and running Team > Rename in Repository.

As skohli said, I don't believe this is possible in the visual studio client.

e

permanent link
Sandeep Kohli (1413) | answered Dec 04 '08, 8:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is it possible to rename directories on your repository file workspace?? I don't think it can be done through Visual Studio, and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it in RTC that I can see. Can anyone offer some help?

I tried the integration out yesterday ... its working pretty good! Very functional. I love the suspend changes feature

Hi

From Visual Studio its currently not possible to rename the repository directory. But you can rename the folder in your local workspace and same should reflect back in the repository. May be I didn't get it properly. Can you please provide some more details on what you are expecting. Also apologies for not answering this post earlier. Somehow it missed seeing it in my browser.

Regards
Sandeep

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.