It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Widget "My ..." with several projects areas or several instances

Georg Kellner (840378108) | asked Mar 25 '13, 4:22 a.m.
Hello,

we are discussing, how to setup our Jazz infrastructure.
How many project areas do we want to use and how many ccm instances do we want to use.

I know there are widgets where the results are based on the logged in user (My Tasks, My WorkItem changes, widgets, where I can use queries...).

If a user log into CCM and wants to have an overview, which workitems are assigned to him, does he has to build a widget per project area?
Or, if we use more than one CCM instance, does he has to build widgets per instance and project area?

greetings georg.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Mar 25 '13, 6:23 a.m.
Hello Georg,
We have two type of dashboards:
1. Project dashboards
2. User/Team dashboards

The first one is assigned to the project area and displays data related rather to given project area
The second one is created per team/user. This dashboard contains two interesting widgets:
  • my projects - which contains links to dashboard of specific project
  • custom reports - which allows you running the report
Anyway the general rule is that project specific data is stored in project dashboards, so you must have this widget in every project dashboard.

Please let me know if it answers your question
Georg Kellner selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Georg Kellner (840378108) | answered Mar 25 '13, 6:43 a.m.
So if the user is member of several project areas, he has to jump into each project area, to gather the informations about his WorkItems.

There might be workarounds like reading his mails or writing a small API script to gather all the infos, but this is not our focus.

Thanks for the answer.

greetings georg.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.