It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[RTC]:How can I create a time-tracking query or report in RTC 4.0.1?

Alejandro Nunez (241811) | asked Mar 22 '13, 8:08 p.m.
Hi,
I need to create a query or custom report in RTC 4.0.1 to list the tasks time-tracking entries by day. I have tried with BIRT but the database snapshots display data inconsistencies. I have opened a PMR in the IBM support portal but they said that BIRT is not within the supoort scope.
Does anybody know another way to do that?

Regards

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sudhakar Frederick (80113631) | answered Mar 24 '13, 7:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Alejandro

Support for Timesheet entries (if that's what you're after) has been added in 4.0.3 : https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/milestones/4.0.3M2?p=news#reporting-403M2

Hope that helps.

Alejandro Nunez selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Alejandro Nunez commented Mar 25 '13, 2:16 p.m.

Thank you for your answer Sudhakar

It will be great to have an ETL for timesheet entry data to create custom reports on 4.0.3, this is an important feature, but is it currently possible on 4.0.1 to create a custom query to get timesheet entries? If so what are the fields that I have to use to get this data?

2 other answers

permanent link
Patrick Kahl (4124) | answered Sep 13 '13, 4:07 a.m.
Hi,

I read the information of the link above.
Where can I find the pre-added reports for the timesheet how it's described in

"

Reports for timesheet entry data

New reports that use live timesheet entry data are now available. The added reports are the Personal Timesheet, the Personal Timesheet by Project Area, the Personal Timesheet by Work Item, the Team Timesheet, and the Work Item Timesheet Summary."

Comments
Rosa Naranjo commented Jan 24 '14, 10:04 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In order to find the pre-added reports, you need to deploy RRDI and make the report definitions available to viewers. 
See this topic to get started:  http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m3/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrdi.usage.doc/topics/t_rrdi_make_reports_avail.html

permanent link
Abhinav Mishra (1443039) | answered Jan 15 '15, 1:00 a.m.
Hi Alejandro,

IBM do not provide support for BIRT.
You can use "Live Snapshot" and "Timesheet Entry Table " to get the Timesheet Data of a Woritem.

Many Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.