It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sprint Burndown with Story Points.

Lora Estey (7331920) | asked Mar 22 '13, 4:00 p.m.
 We need a sprint burndown chart with Story Points - NOT Hours...

I've looked through the archives and googled seen that there have been pointers to the following.
https://jazz.net/library/article/201
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ReportsCentral

What I don't see is anything specifically for SPRINT chart. The 'Remaining Story Points' chart expects a set of iterations - which is useful when looking at a release, but not for a sprint.

We are trying to see if there is a way to pull the data using BIRT that would have everything that you get in the shipped Sprint Burn Down, but with Story Points being in the Y axis rather than Hours.
Any help with what datasource, which table and which collumns to use to gather this information.

I have a feeling that a lot of people have been looking for this and possibly created their own.

Thanks!

4 answers

permanent link
vishnudharan manivannan (1183542) | answered Aug 14 '15, 2:28 a.m.
 Hello All,

We are using RTC 5.0.2. Is there a possibility to generate the Sprint burndown chart with "Story points" as Y axis . We do not want them to track with "Hours" rather story points would be ideal.

Please let me know if there's already a birt report available which we could use.

Thanks
Vishnu M

permanent link
Lora Estey (7331920) | answered Mar 23 '13, 9:05 a.m.
 Is there anyway of taking an existing report and bringing it into the Birt Designer?

Comments
ankur sharma commented Mar 25 '13, 4:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The RTC Out-Of-The-Box report templates can be found in \server\conf\ccm\sites\rtc-commons-update-site\plugins\com.ibm.team.examples.reports.common_xxx.jar

Rachid Halloul commented Mar 26 '13, 2:31 p.m.

I tried to copy one of the report from the jar file, but it look like there is some errors in the xml file, is there some dependency than need to be copied, for instance I copy Story points report , I change the datasource to point my  test url but I see some error with <image id="341"> tag and  <text id="392">

ankur sharma commented Mar 29 '13, 5:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The reports have linked resources. You should import the whole plugin.

Rachid Halloul commented Mar 29 '13, 8:34 a.m.

Yes , I figure out the issue, I was missing shared folder, the report has a reference to some properties which are defined in shared/shared.properties.

Michael A. commented Apr 29 '13, 2:45 a.m.

Hi Rachid, did you succeed with the Story Points Burnup / Burndown chart? We are currently moving away from hours and therefore we need the charts baseed on story points. And I currently don't see a way of how to provide the required charts based on this data.

Mirco Hering commented Apr 29 '13, 5:41 p.m. | edited Aug 06 '13, 5:27 p.m.

I am looking for the same, but have not been able to find a solution. Seems odd that this pretty standard Agile report has not yet made in into the product.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

permanent link
Lora Estey (7331920) | answered Mar 23 '13, 9:03 a.m.
 We've tried using the Strory Points Remaining chart, but it isn't quite there. 
We want to add the ideal line and really make it look like an actual burn down chart...

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Mar 22 '13, 4:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think you need to use the Story Points Remaining report. if you do not want multiple iterations, you can always select one iteration.

Comments
Guido Schneider commented Mar 25 '13, 11:05 a.m.

We do this already.

But unfortunatly there are not all the details available. Specialy you don't see the Planned Story point lines, to see how you got new points into the interation(s).

The Ideal line and the Expected completion are not so important because this are just lines, you can also imagine.

Would this be much effort, to have the Planned Story points also in this graph? Is there already an enhancement request for this?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.