It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Some files/folders are not imported correctly from ClearCase to RTC (3.0.1)

Kevin Lou (311925) | asked Mar 22 '13, 1:52 p.m.
 I am importing a big project from ClearCase to RTC. The importing finished without any error. However, I noticed some problems when I looked at the code in RTC:
 - A few files are created but are empty (for example, some *.bat files, *.ear files)
 - Some empty folders are not created in RTC. 

Does anyone have idea what might go wrong? Will it help if I do the synchronization again? 

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Masabumi koinuma (46115) | answered Mar 22 '13, 2:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Kevin,

I'd encourage you to file a PMR or jazz.net defect with all the logs and setup information ( CC's version as well as RTC's version, baseCC or UCM, two-way sync or history importer, operating system, nature of the fiiles/folders with the problems ).

One quick thought is that, if you choose to use the history importer option, it does not necessarily pick up the latest in your stream or your branch-type because it only imports baselines or label type's content. It may be worth to try to make a baseline or make labels and run the synchronization again.

Regards,
Masa Koinuma

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 22 '13, 3:43 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Agree with Masa's comments ... I haven't heard about that behavior before, so it is likely to be something unusual about your environment.  A couple of random things to check:
- Verify that the OS account you are running the synchronization engine under has read access to those files and folders.
- Try creating another (2-way) sync stream, and select for importing just those files and folders that didn't come over correctly in the initial sync stream.   If this works, then there was something strange about your first sync run.

But as Masa said, your best bet is to work with support, or to create your own jazz.net work item with the details of your environment , log files of your sync run, etc.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.