It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem to connect RRDI and Datawarehouse

Mathieu Defianas (15942838) | asked Mar 22 '13, 11:35 a.m.
I have installed a RTC server in version 4.0.1 on Linux connected with a SQL Database. There is no problem. The datawarehouse is correctly populated.

Then, I have installed on another Windows server, the component RRDI. So, I have also installed the Websphere component ...

I have followed the 3 IBM videos posted on youtube. There is no problem until the last step "Build and Deploy reporting components". In this step, when reporting component are deployed on the cognos server, I have a warning which explains that Cognos server cannot contact DW.

Finally, I have ignored this warning and I have clicked on Finish.

But now when I want to execute some reports, I have yet the same error.

The details are :

QE-DEF-0322 La chaîne de connexion n'est pas valide.RQP-DEF-0068 Impossible d'établir la connexion à au moins une base de données pendant une connexion à 1 bases de données dans ' RIDW '.UDA-SQL-0031 Impossible d'accéder à la passerelle 'RIDW'. Vérifiez que les paramètres de connexion à la base de données sont correctement configurées. Par exemple, assurez-vous que la connexion à la source de données contient les informations de code d'accès, tel que le mot de passe, pour se connecter à la base de données.UDA-SQL-0534 Chaîne de connexion non valide.UDA-SQL-0206 Le pilote OLEDB a transmis la valeur suivante : HRESULT= -2147221164".RSV-SRV-0042 Parcours arrière :RSReportService.cpp(722): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: RSReportService::process()RSReportServiceMethod.cpp(263): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSReportServiceMethod::process(): asynchWait_RequestRSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(808): QFException: RSASyncExecutionThread::checkExceptionRSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(260): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: RSASyncExecutionThread::runImpl(): asynchRun_RequestRSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(864): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSASyncExecutionThread::processCommand(): asynchRun_RequestExecution/RSRenderExecution.cpp(670): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSRenderExecution::executeAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(291): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSLayoutAssembly.cpp(79): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSLayoutAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(358): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(358): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardAssembly/RSPageAssembly.cpp(303): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSPageAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(308): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSTableRowAssembly.cpp(177): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableRowAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(308): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSTableCellAssembly.cpp(137): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableCellAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(358): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(358): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(358): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardAssembly/RSTableAssembly.cpp(119): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(358): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardAssembly/RSTableRowAssembly.cpp(177): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableRowAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(308): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSTableCellAssembly.cpp(137): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableCellAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(358): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardRSQueryMgr.cpp(1055): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::getListIteratorRSQueryMgr.cpp(1131): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::getResultSetIteratorRSQueryMgr.cpp(1295): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::createIteratorRSQueryMgr.cpp(1569): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::executeRsapiCommandRSQueryMgr.cpp(1559): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgr::executeRsapiCommandRSQueryMgrExecutionHandlerImpl.cpp(168): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgrExecutionHandlerImpl::execute()RSQueryMgrExecutionHandlerImpl.cpp(160): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSQueryMgrExecutionHandlerImpl::execute()QFSSession.cpp(1147): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()QFSSession.cpp(1145): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()QFSSession.cpp(1102): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()QFSSession.cpp(1078): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()QFSConnection.cpp(788): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSConnection::ExecuteQFSQuery.cpp(213): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSQuery::Execute v2CoordinationQFSQuery.cpp(2024): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QECoordinationQFSQuery.cpp(4350): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: CoordinationQFSQuery::CallProviderQFSQuery.cpp(246): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSQuery::EXecute v3Source/RQP_QFSQuery.cpp(492): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QESource/QE_RsApi.cpp(3604): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QESource/QE_RsApi.cpp(3552): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QESource/QEI_ConnectionFault.cpp(814): QFException: CCL_THROW: QE

I have a serious idea. I think that cognos server don't know the path to the SQL Driver which is necessary to contact my database ...

Can you help me ?

Regards

Mathieu

3 answers

permanent link
Ali Manji (59147) | answered Mar 28 '13, 12:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mathieu -

Which database are you using? 
Is it also installed on Linux? 
Do you have the corresponding 32-bit database client installed on the same machine as RRDI?

Regards,
Ali

permanent link
Mathieu Defianas (15942838) | answered Mar 29 '13, 9:39 a.m.
Hi all,

I have solved my problem with the IBM support.
In fact, I thought that the SQL jdbc driver was only required. But in fact, the native SQL client is also necessary !!!

So in the first step of the /rrdi/setup, the jts server uses the jdbc driver but in the last step of the setup, it uses the SQL client.

If you search the client : http://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/download/details.aspx?id=30440 and use the sqlncli_x86.msi file.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Mathieu

Comments
Mathieu Defianas commented Mar 29 '13, 9:44 a.m.

I have forgotten to say that RRDI documentation is not clear about this point ...
I think this information should be clearly written. It should be an RFE for the next deliver

Francesco Chiossi commented Mar 29 '13, 10:27 a.m.

Hi Matthieu,

you can submit an RFE for improving the documentation regarding the requirements for the SQL Server Client on the IBM RFE Community:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/

Mathieu Defianas commented Mar 29 '13, 10:29 a.m.

Thanks Francesco ;-) You have solved my problem in the PMR :-)
I am going to create a RFE

Mathieu Defianas commented Apr 09 '13, 10:46 a.m. | edited Apr 09 '13, 11:05 a.m.

The RFE is created. You can vote if you are agree with me  :-)
RFE ID = 33432

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=33432

Mathieu Defianas commented Apr 09 '13, 10:48 a.m. | edited unknown

The RFE is created. You can vote if you are agree with me  :-)
RFE ID = 33432

permanent link
Mathieu Defianas (15942838) | answered Apr 09 '13, 10:34 a.m.
Hi Ali,

I have used Microsoft SQL Server 2008 installed on a server A.
I have installed a RTC server on Linux on another server B
Finally, I have installed RRDI on Windows 2008 on a third server C

So RRDI is installed only on Windows ... I have tried to install it on Linux without success ;-(

Yes I have installed the corresponding 32 Bits database client on the same machine (Server C). Don't forget to install also the jdbc driver to connect to datawarehouse.

Regards
Mathieu

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.