It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import testplan from word document to RQM 4.0.1

vinay kumar nukala (4236672) | asked Mar 22 '13, 12:44 a.m.
retagged Mar 22 '13, 9:37 a.m. by Laura Kuczarski (21137)
I have a test plan prepared in word document. Now i want to import the test plan to RQM 4.0.1 please help me how to do it. I can do it from excel but i dont know how to do it from word document please help me.

My test plan contents are:
1. Objective
2. Scope
3. Requirements
4. Entry Criteria
5. Exit Criteria
6. Features to be tested
7. Approach
8.Test Deliverable
etc.....

Please help me how to map this in configuration file as my test plan is in word document.

3 answers

permanent link
archana kurup (2026872) | answered Aug 22 '13, 4:59 a.m.
HOW TO INSTALL WORDIMPORTER?

Comments
Ara Masrof commented Aug 22 '13, 7:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The information for obtaining the install bits and the actual install instructions can be found on the RQM Excel/Word Wiki page; there is the link

permanent link
vinay kumar nukala (4236672) | answered Mar 25 '13, 1:27 a.m.
 Hi,

I have checked the links you have provided me. But these links are providing how to import test cases and scripts in to rqm.
I need help on how to create a config file to import a test plan which is created in word document
with the following contents:

My test plan contents are: 
1. Objective 
2. Scope 
3. Requirements 
4. Entry Criteria 
5. Exit Criteria 
6. Features to be tested 
7. Approach 
8.Test Deliverable 
etc..... 

Please ...

Comments
Don Yang commented Apr 01 '13, 3:00 a.m.

I dont think there is anexact cfg file to achieve what you want.  You will need to install WordImporter and ExcelImporter first. Then you can refer to the samples provided by the tools as suggested by Laura and start from there. if you cant find much info under WordImporter's sample, you can check with the more samples for ExcelImporter. There are some testplans related cfg files in Excel sample which you may want to borrow for your Wordimporter.

permanent link
Laura Kuczarski (21137) | answered Mar 22 '13, 9:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Vinay,
Someone else may be able to provide a specific configuration file for you, but here are some general links for more information and to get you started:
  • RQMExcelWordImporter documentation on the wiki:  https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter
  • Creating configuration files for exporting Word artifacts: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_create_config_files_word_test_artifacts.html

Sample configuration files are available with the installed product along with the Excel or Word documents that they map from. These configurations are developed from customer-submitted specifications and tested with each release to ensure that they function as designed. The sample configuration files and associated documents are located in these locations:

• Word export utility samples: RQM Excel Import Utility installation directory \Samples. By default, the Word export utility is installed in C:\Program Files\IBM\RQMWordImporter.

Hopefully this will help!
Thanks!
Laura

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.