It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Client Access License for ccsync and versions in RTC

Jorge Gaston Rivainera (133) | asked Mar 21 '13, 2:03 p.m.
 Hi all;

I need assign the ClearCase Connector License for ccsync user, to work with ClearCase and RTC, but when I go to create the user, I don't that license.

Other question, Is there in RTC a version tree of versions, similar that appears in ClearCase?

Thanks in advance;

Kind regards;

Rivainera Gaston

2 answers

permanent link
Paul Komar (421) | answered Mar 21 '13, 3:43 p.m.
Regarding your second question:

There is a tree view of versions in RTC.  It is in the history view.  Note that to see the whole tree, you must select Show All in Repository on the menu that you access from the small down-pointing triangle in the upper right of the history window.

You can see a screen shot in the CC Connector's New and Noteworthy entry for 4.0.3 milestone 2, which is at:  https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/milestones/4.0.3M2?p=news#cc-importer-403M2

permanent link
Paul Komar (421) | answered Mar 21 '13, 3:46 p.m.
Regarding your question about licenses:
Which version of the server are you using?
Can you see other built-in licenses, such as the ClearQuest Synchronizer license?

Comments
Jorge Gaston Rivainera commented Mar 21 '13, 4:30 p.m.

Hi Paul, I can see ClearQuest Synchronizer and ClearCase Synchronizer, but not ClearCase Connector, and I'm not sure which version I'm using, where can I see this information?

Thanks,

Best regards;

Gaston

Paul Komar commented Mar 21 '13, 5:09 p.m.

Assign your ccsync user the ClearCase Synchronizer license.  It is the one that you need to use.  Feel free to file a defect against the documentation that told you you need to assign the (non-existent) ClearCase Connector License.

To get the server version information, you can click on the ? icon in the upper right area of the web UI and select About this Application.  It will also tell you about your server version.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.