It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding web services and web capabilities to RTC v4.0.0.1

Thomas Clifford (111) | asked Mar 21 '13, 10:07 a.m.
Good day.  I'm running RTC v4.0.0..1 (because our Jazz server runs that version), and I've been searching
jazz.net on how to add Web and Web Services capabilities to RTC, and I have not found anything related
to adding these capabilities to RTC.

Are there libraries that can be added ?  Those wizards do not show up when I click File - New, nor do they
show up when I click Window-Preferences-Capabilities.

Tom C.
IBM J2EE Developer

2 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Mar 21 '13, 1:05 p.m.
edited Mar 21 '13, 1:07 p.m.
Hello Tom,
There is a document specifying how to configure your environment: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCSDK20_DevelopmentEnvironmentSetup

Another document describe how to create and consume the service: https://jazz.net/library/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/docs/web-ui-programming/web-ui-todo-rest.html

Please notice, that RTC and another jazz.net products do not use classical web services but rather REST services.

Let me know if it is an answer on your question.
Regards,
Krzysztof Kazmierczyk

Comments
Thomas Clifford commented Mar 21 '13, 2:19 p.m. | edited Mar 21 '13, 4:19 p.m.

Krzysztof:  thank you for your reply, but the material you pointed me to does not apply to my
situation.
I'm trying to get my Rational Team Client set up to be able to create Web projects (specifically Dynamic
Web Projects). 
The 'New - Other' menu does not show Web or Web projects, and I need to set up RTC for that.
Thank you anyway.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 21 '13, 4:19 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 If you want to create web projects and the like in the RTC Eclipse client, you have to install the required packages and Features from the Eclipse update sites or install RAD or a similar product. The RTC Eclipse client  is basically the PDE and basic java development version of Eclipse.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.