It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Timesheet entry

Manoj Panda (39336662) | asked Mar 21 '13, 6:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,

Is there any possibility to restrict the timesheet entry not more than 1 week old. That means if the current week is 25th. Then the user should not able to make their timesheet entry before 24th week. As well as user also should not fill their timesheet in advance.

In Brief: How do i restrict the Prevoius/ Next week in the timesheet entry.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 21 '13, 7:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I just checked and the save of a timetracking entry triggers a Work Item Save Participant. So, assuming it is possible to access the timetracking information that gets added in an Advisor, you should be able to prevent saving outside of the allowed window using a custom Advisor.

permanent link
KrishnaKanth Naik (76511015) | answered Mar 21 '13, 7:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Manoj

I donot recollect of this feature being provided out of the box, This might be RFE if we could get the exact business usecase.

Just in case you wish to see the exact usecases generated around Timesheet option, you would check the following workitems (I am not sure if you would have access to all these):
Come up with a detailed proposal for Timesheet implementation  (111282)

Related/Maybe interesting workitems:
Timesheet usability improvement suggestions (116737)
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PM56293

An interesting limitation that you might want to keep in mind, if you are submitting an RFE (while mentioning the business usecase):
[Discussion] - Permission for timetracking (123035) [see comment 6]
"Enforcing strict rules out of the box may not go well with the customers considering the flexibility of WI"

I hope this answers your question.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.