It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting URL out of WorkItemHandles, Using Synegy/RTC Bridge Plugin

Ken Creager (6542220) | asked Mar 20 '13, 9:26 a.m.
We are trying to get the Work Item URL inside the Synergy/RTC bridge eclipse plugin for 4.0.0.1.  I know it's in there ;-)  In the WorkItemHandles object/attribute, but I can't figure out how to parse it or get the value out of it??  Any help?

thanks
Ken

2 answers

permanent link
Guru Prasad Rao K P (381813) | answered Mar 21 '13, 8:29 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

I have added the  below piece of code (which pops up a window through which user can either select an existing work item or create a new work item & the details are retrieved in the 'workItemHandles' array. How to retrieve the details of the work item (specially the URI)?

IWorkItemHandle[] workItemHandles =
      WorkItemSelectionDialog.getWorkItems(PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getActiveWorkbenchWindow().getShell());

Thanks
Guru

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 20 '13, 9:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 20 '13, 9:50 a.m.
Hi Ken,

I am not sure if you can get it from the handle. I was able to create a location the way below and used the toAbsoluteURI to link the item using a CLM link.
Location location = Location.itemLocation(targetWorkItem,this.getPublicRepositoryURL());
location.toAbsoluteUri()

I needed an IItem for it. Location has other methods, so.......

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 20 '13, 9:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

On the other hand, you can get the UUID from the handle, maybe you can construct the URL from the repository URL and the UUID? I know there are different valid ways to represent the work item URL.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.