It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to ensure that every test script has a test case execution record?

Rolf Ledermann (1112) | asked Mar 20 '13, 9:16 a.m.
edited Mar 20 '13, 9:17 a.m.
In my situation, I have test cases that include multiple test scripts. So I need a test case execution record for every single test script. How can I ensure that there is a test case execution record for every test script? Unfortunately I can't find an appropriate report.

2 answers

permanent link
zhuang JunQian (1188) | answered Mar 20 '13, 10:33 a.m.
edited Mar 20 '13, 10:43 a.m.
I met the similar problem, TER is created by testcase, not testscript. so seems one testcase should only have one testscript?  and I am interested with why in your case, 1 testcase includes multiple test scripts?

and we discussed this with our team, and find one way to generate more TER for one testcase, you can refer to the test environment, just create one test environment parameters, mapping it values to different test script... funny!

Comments
Rolf Ledermann commented Mar 21 '13, 3:12 a.m.

@zhuang JunQian: one test script verifies if the requirement is fulfilled (positive testing). Other test scripts verify the negative testing: negative means the  test checks to correct processing for mishandling.

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered May 22 '13, 1:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rolf,

your approach encloses multiple test scripts in the same test case while these test different aspects (positive/negative). It appears to be an anti-pattern to me.

You can refer to this blog post for more details:
http://sleroyblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/22/a-rqm-usage-antipattern-multiplying-nonequiv-test-scripts-associated-to-a-test-case/

Regards,
Stéphane

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.