It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

When we try to send a mail from JTS we get the exception: "Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.live.com, port: 25; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect". Why???

Laura Fato (44178) | asked Mar 20 '13, 8:29 a.m.
When we try to send a mail from JTS (Email Configuration) we get the exception: "Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.live.com, port: 25; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect". Why???

Which port can we use, I think that's the problem.

Help please!!

Thanks!! Best Regards,
Laura

2 answers

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Mar 20 '13, 9:12 a.m.

Is your email from address defined and is the domain part of this email address a valid domain, which can be resolved by your DNS?

Often SMTP blocks if the sender domain is not recognized.

In my environment I'm using jazz@jazz.mycompany.com where jazz.mycompany.com correspond to the stable uri of Jazz.

permanent link
KrishnaKanth Naik (76511015) | answered Mar 20 '13, 8:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Laura

The default port for the SMTP server access is indeed port 25, you would need to check with with network admin if the same default port has been configured for access on SMTP host: smtp.live.com.

A simple way to check if the port number is valid is by running the command:
telnet smtp.live.com 25
from the JTS server machine.

Additional tips:
troubleshoot SMTP connectivity

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.