It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom priority field on work items problem.

John Bryan Sazon (341823) | asked Mar 20 '13, 1:45 a.m.
Hi,

Our project is currently using RTC 3.0. We have made a custom priority disregarding Native priority in our work items.

The problem is: if we would want to query a work item with a specified Priority(custom)

It does not return the work items with any of the specified items inside this Field.

Is it possible to change this 'P' to our custom priority? because when I hover my mouse on it it shows Native Priority. Any advise?

Regards,
Bryan

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 21 '13, 4:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 21 '13, 4:36 a.m.
Hi Bryan, I would probably have just changed the enumeration for the priority attribute to fit my needs. Way less effort and way less work. For example you don't have to modify all the editor presentations, queries, reports and so forth. You could still do that, update your work items using queries for each literal.

An approach to get attributes that you don't use anymore out of the way is to rename the display name. Name the original priority for example zzzzzzz_Priority_orig. In the Web UI this shows immediately. You have to exit Eclipse and restart to make it rebuild the cache. Once you have renamed the attribute, it will not show up as Priority anymore in displays, queries, query editors etc. This makes it a lot clearer what users find and choose for their queries.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 20 '13, 7:52 a.m.
also, you need to change the output of the query to include your custom fields and not the defaults. In Eclipse this is of the Query Editor's Column Display tab,

just because you used them to select workitems does NOT mean they will be used in the output display.

Comments
John Bryan Sazon commented Mar 21 '13, 1:51 a.m.

Hi Sam,

How to get to Query Editor?

Thanks.

John Bryan Sazon commented Mar 21 '13, 1:57 a.m.

I found it . Thanks

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Mar 20 '13, 6:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Bryan,

In the RTC Eclipse client, when you add a condition to a query, you can choose to Show custom attributes. 

I'm not sure if it's possible to do the same in the web client.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.