It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What criteria (attributes) decide TCER is a duplicate ?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Mar 19 '13, 11:46 a.m.
edited Mar 19 '13, 11:54 a.m.
Situation: User has opened high severity issue against our QM, stating that creating additional TCER on Test Case is producing the message shown in this QM work item:

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=49634

Essentially, adding TCER upon save will show "One or more duplicate Test Case Execution Records were found while generating ..."

User has added several categories to TCER and I guess expects those values to be involved in decision about duplicate TCER.  Can anyone advise ?

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Mar 19 '13, 3:38 p.m.

https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=59145

"Duplicate Test Suite Execution Record found.  Duplicates are detected based on the Test Suite, Test Environment, Test Plan and Test Milestone."

And for TCERs the message should be:

"Duplicate Test Case Execution Record found.  Duplicates are detected based on the Test Case, Test Environment, Test Plan and Test Milestone."

Accepted answer

permanent link
Vaibhav Srivastava (2861) | answered Mar 20 '13, 12:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Kevin
For any TCER creation, the duplicate check takes into account:
a) the Testcase
b) the Test environment
c) the Test plan and 
d) the Test milestone 
So if there is an existing TCER with exactly same values for all 4 of the above, the TCER generation will give you a duplicate found message.
Hope this helps

Kevin Ramer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Mar 20 '13, 9:02 a.m.

That confirms what I've found elsewhere.  Now I have to convince my user to submit RFE or otherwise incorporate his TCER categories into either milestone or test environment.

Bob Gallagher commented Mar 20 '13, 9:47 a.m.

Depending on how the customer is currently using Lab Resources/Test Environments they may be able to, instead of using categories, define lab resource Types. These could be made part of the Test Environment for a TCER and may satisfy the customer's use case (which to me is a bit unclear).

Binoy D'costa commented Apr 27 '15, 2:43 p.m.

Is there a way to disable this check?

One other answer

permanent link
QA Team (1122) | answered Nov 22 '18, 5:23 a.m.

Is there a way to disable this check? Would be nice to be able to create multiple TCER without running the same TCER.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.