It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

An application migration is currently in progress.ID CRJAZ1966E

Mark Boyd (333) | asked Mar 18 '13, 5:14 p.m.
When I attempt to add a new user, I'm getting this error:
Write operations cannot be performed on item type "ContributorDetails" at this time. An application migration is currently in progress.ID CRJAZ1966E

I did recently upgrade from V4.0.0.1 to 4.0.1.  The migration process reported that everything went fine, and indeed everything else seems to be working fine.

Also, when I search this error message on Jazz.net, there are several hits and when I click the links it takes me to a page in the Infocenter that shows I entered a bad Link.

Appreciate any help.

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Mar 18 '13, 5:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you check your server logs to see if there is any hint as to why the server still thinks there's an application migration in progress? For help finding the logs, see here.

Mark Boyd commented Mar 18 '13, 7:02 p.m. | edited Mar 18 '13, 8:10 p.m.

I see this in the rm.log:
2013-03-18 17:37:38,656 [         http-bio-9443-exec-37]  INFO ing.server.core.repository.RepositoryAccessManager  - CRRRS9908I  Repository state changed from INITIALIZING to REQUIRES_MIGRATION
2013-03-18 17:51:33,020 [         http-bio-9443-exec-22]  INFO ing.server.core.repository.RepositoryAccessManager  - CRRRS9909I  The version of this build is: RRC401X, the version of current repository is: RRC400X, upgrade is required: true

This gets written to the log when I attempt to add a new user.

Is this preventing me from creating a new user, and if so, how do I resolve this?
Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Mark Boyd (333) | answered Mar 18 '13, 9:03 p.m.
Missed the last step of the online upgrade for RM.  That took care of the problem.  Thanks for the help!

permanent link
Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718) | answered Mar 18 '13, 8:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I assume that you already migrated your RM using the upgrade script and you also completed the RM online migration? If not, then you need to complete those steps. (See the interactive upgrade guide for more info.)

Comments
Mark Boyd commented Mar 18 '13, 9:02 p.m. | edited Mar 18 '13, 10:48 p.m.

Missed the last step of the online upgrade for RM.  That took care of the problem.  Thanks for the help!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.