It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error: "Modify the collection of team members"

Laura Fato (44178) | asked Mar 18 '13, 4:23 p.m.

After I add some members to a project, with administrator permissions, when I click en "Save" button, I get this message:

Problem
You don't have permission to Save Project Area [server].

Reason

In order to carry out this operation, you would need permission to perform the following additional actions:
Action: ID:
Modify the collection of team members modify/members
Modify project area properties modify/other

How do I get thouse permissions???

Please, help me!!

RTC Version 4.0.1-

Best Regards,

Laura

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 18 '13, 4:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 You open the project administration page for the project. In eclipse right click the project area. In the web use the menu top right. 

In eclipse open the process configuration tab or use the web UI.

Make yourself a member and assign you a role. Give the role permission to modify and save the project area. You should be able to do all that if you are admin of the project and have an admin repository role.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 18 '13, 4:33 p.m.

See for example  https://jazz.net/library/article/543 for more details. The version should not be an issue for these basic activities.

Laura Fato commented Mar 19 '13, 4:51 p.m.

Sorry Ralph, I saw the options in "Process Configuration" (in the Eclipse client) and I can't find the option to modify and save project area.

That's the reasson why I can´t make the team?? I added the members but when I go to Team Administration Tab, in the project I don't have the team... do you follow me?

After that, when I want to distribut the work items between the members of the team, I don't have anything in the Planned Items tab (viewed as work breakdown).

I thin'k the inicial problem is that i can't create the team really...what do ypu think???

Thanks!!! Best Regards,

Laura 

Laura Fato commented Mar 19 '13, 4:53 p.m.

Sorry when I said "Team Administration" i meant "Team Organization".

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 20 '13, 3:39 a.m.

There are different permissions for Project Area and Team Area. In addition to being an administrator, you need to make yourself a member of the project area and give yourself a role that is able to do these modifications. Being an administrator allows you to add yourself to the team and give yourself a role.

Save Project Area Permissions

save project area

Save Team Area permissions

save team area

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.