It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where to get RTC Eclipse plugin?

Anne Emerick (3112) | asked Mar 18 '13, 2:28 p.m.
I have Eclipse Indigo Service Release 2 and need to access an RTC code repository.  Someone told me that I can install the "Eclipse plugin for RTC", but when I look at the Downloads page, I only see RTC as a download.  Is the Eclipse plugin for RTC included as a portion of that?  Also, can I mix and match any version of Eclipse with "Eclipse plugin for RTC"? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alex Fitzpatrick (5583816) | answered Mar 18 '13, 3:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 You will need to ensure that you get the right client version for your server, so start by finding out what version of the server you are connecting to using the Help/About menu item in the web client:
Jazz About

This should give you the server version:
Server Version

You can then find the product version you need from the download site:

Let us suppose you need 3.0.1.5
A Version

Look for the All Downloads link on the right of the page for your version:
All Downloads Link
On the all download page scroll down to find the p2 Install Repository.
P2

Once you have the p2 repository you can install RTC like any other Eclipse extension.

Anne Emerick selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Anne Emerick commented Mar 18 '13, 3:42 p.m. | edited Mar 18 '13, 3:45 p.m.

Thanks!  The person who told me I should install the Eclipse plugin for RTC had mentioned the p2 file, but I did not understand the relationship of a p2 file to an Eclipse plugin until the final link of your response. 

The other factor that makes it more confusing is when you reference any RTC 3.x....  download pages, the top of the page has a message about:

This is not the most recent version. We recommend Rational Team Concert 4.0.2

Which is confusing because, sure... if you are doing a full server installation and setup of RTC then go to 4.0.2, but as you pointed out, if someone is just looking for client code to connect to RTC, then they want whatever version of RTC client matches the RTC server. 

Anne Emerick commented Mar 18 '13, 3:44 p.m.

oops... meant to paste this in response to the other answer, instead of looking like I was answering my own question. 

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 18 '13, 2:44 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 20 '13, 1:58 p.m.
 It is not just one plugin. Go to https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0.2?p=allDownloads and download
 for example the p2 install. Make sure to download the version that matches with the version of the Server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.