It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to load file under component root from Eclipse client

Kevin Lou (311925) | asked Mar 18 '13, 9:18 a.m.
 I have a component in the RTC repository that has the following structure (2 directories and 2 files under the component root):
 -- DIR1
 -- DIR2
 -- setEnv.bat
 -- build.xml

However, after I create my workspace and load the source, I only see the two directories; the two files (setEnv.bat and build.xml) are not loaded - Note that I don't want to create the "Component root" folder during the load.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 04 '13, 12:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Using the normal "load" operation on a component in a workspace, you are only given the choice of loading folders.  So the only way to load the two files is to load the folder that contains them (which in your case, is the root folder of the component).   If you don't want to load the root folder of the component, but just one or more of the top level files, then you need to do that from the Repository_File view.   In that view, right click on the file you want to load, and select "Load".
Kevin Lou selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
sriramak s (1762018) | answered Mar 19 '13, 3:56 a.m.
pls confirm which option are you trying to load the files.

1) Find and Load Eclipse projects,option than the folders will create with root component and files and folders will be listed. but

2) if you are selecting the second option in load the root folder of the components as projects, only folders will be listed unless the files are under folder.

Comments
Kevin Lou commented Mar 22 '13, 12:59 p.m.

Here is how I tried to load the code: 

- Select "Browse the components to select folders to be loaded" 
  - Then I select "DIR1" and "DIR2" from the list - note I don't see the files from the list
  - The I select "Load the selected folder but do not create Eclipse project"

After the load, I only see the two folders, but not the files. 

Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 23 '13, 12:24 a.m.

This works fine for me with RTC-4.0.2.  When you say "I only see the two folders", do you mean using standard file system tools?    (You will of course not see them in Eclipse, since you selected the "do not create Eclipse project" option.

Kevin Lou commented Apr 02 '13, 12:14 p.m.

Yes, I mean I only see the two folders in system's file explorer. I am using RTC3.0.1. I guess this problem has been fixed in the later releases. Do you have the WI that is used to track this change?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 04 '13, 12:54 a.m.

You need to select the root folder of the component (that's the folder that contains those two files).   If you just select DIR1 and DIR2, you will only get those directories, and not the files that are siblings of those directories.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.