It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem using bugzilla importer

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Mar 18 '13, 2:53 a.m.
edited Mar 18 '13, 12:20 p.m. by Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431)
I am importing bugs from Bugzilla and I'm having a few issues I was hoping someone could help with.

I am using a custom xml mapping file.  Most things work fine, however:

Bug with a bug_status of CLOSED and in my XML I map that to state "9":
    <attribute sourceId="bug_status" targetId="com.ibm.team.workitem.attribute.state">
        <value sourceId="NEW" targetId="1"/>
        <value sourceId="UNCONFIRMED" targetId="1" accurate="false"/>
        <value sourceId="ASSIGNED" targetId="2"/>
        <value sourceId="RESOLVED" targetId="3"/>
        <value sourceId="VERIFIED" targetId="4"/>
        <value sourceId="CLOSED" targetId="9"/>
        <value sourceId="REOPENED" targetId="6"/>
    </attribute>

If I look at my custom project area:
<state group="closed" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.state.s9" name="Closed" showResolution="true"/>

But when I run the import, the status is set to just "9" instead of mapping it over to the "Closed" status.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?  If I change the targetId="9" to targetId = "3" (to map it to Resolved) it seems to work fine.

Thanks in advance.

Comments
Eric Jodet commented Mar 19 '13, 11:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Susan,

can you send me both the mapping and PA XML Source?
Thanks.
Eric.

Susan Hanson commented Mar 20 '13, 10:03 p.m.

sent via email.

One answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Mar 21 '13, 5:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Susan,
mapping file use id's - please use fully qualified id - com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.state.s9
as found in PA source.

Thanks.
Eric.

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Mar 21 '13, 5:16 a.m.

In this article: https://jazz.net/library/article/69 it clearly states that for states, you do NOT:

Customize the value mappings as needed:

• State/Resolution: if the target project area uses an unsupported process, look up state and resolution ids of the workflow used for defects on the project area editor's Process Configuration Source page (search for 'com.ibm.team.workitem.configuration.workflow'). Note that for historical reasons state ids of the form 's1' and resolution ids of the form 'r3' need to be added to the mapping file without their respective 's' and 'r' prefixes.

And why do all of the OTHER states work fine with the single number but only this one doesn't?

Eric Jodet commented Mar 21 '13, 5:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would say because other states were OOTB ones.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.