It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.1 - Using Jenkins build from RTC - what is the property name in a build for indicating that this build is a personal build?

Donald Poulin (2249119107) | asked Mar 15 '13, 7:05 a.m.
I want to be able to determin whether the build request is a normal stream build or a personal build

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Mar 15 '13, 10:34 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 15 '13, 10:37 a.m.
 Yes, you can pass the property via the Jenkins parameter.  The property name is personalBuild, but it is a string property not a boolean one.  But you should be able to manipulate it once you get it onto the Jenkins side.

EDIT:  I just realized that the 'b' wasn't capitalized, I tried again and it interprets correctly with the boolean parameter too.  So either one, but make sure its personalBuild!  The parameters are case sensitive.
~Spencer Personal Build property in Jenkins build

Donald Poulin selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Scott Cowan (966310) | answered Mar 15 '13, 9:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Donald,

Unfortunately, there currently is no property to distinguish personal builds.  However, this feature is in the plan we are currently working on.

246731: HPI: Request a personal build from Hudson/Jenkins is a child of 252582: [CCM] Improve Jazz SCM and Build integration with Jenkins - production quality.

If you haven't seen it, the richest integration you can currently achieve with RTC 4.0.1 and Jenkins is described in
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JazzScmWithJenkins.

I hope this helps for now,
Scott

Comments
Scott Cowan commented Mar 15 '13, 11:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I stand corrected.  Spencer's answer is, of course, correct.  ;-)  After following the steps in https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JazzScmWithJenkins.  I was able to add a boolean value parameter, named "personalBuild", to the Jenkins job and it was properly passed into the ant task, just like buildResultUUID.  Thanks Spencer.

Donald Poulin commented Mar 15 '13, 12:27 p.m.

Great - thanks - tried it and it works

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.