It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

discussions about CLMMonitor

Hari Vetsa (3165) | asked Mar 13 '13, 5:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have created this forum to discuss issues with the CLMMonitor tool described @ the jazz.net page: https://jazz.net/library/article/1017

Comments
Simon Eickel commented Mar 14 '13, 2:05 a.m. | edited Mar 14 '13, 2:05 a.m.

Hi Hari,

I'm using CLM 4.0.1 solution - tested it with 2 servers - both show this error message.

Greetings,
Simon

Kevin Ramer commented Mar 14 '13, 4:08 p.m.

JSON is so much "neater" than XML.  I have a similar script I've been using to gather metrics from /serverInfo on a periodic basis.  I put table of status and short and long term graphs of JVM to a web page.  To get 1 value takes about 3x as many XML steps.   I may update that script to use the JSON approach.

5 answers

permanent link
Jaime Aldana (1665) | answered Jun 20 '14, 6:18 p.m.
We are looking to implement this to all our servers more than 50

Is out there something similar to version 3 and 2?

Regards

permanent link
Hari Vetsa (3165) | answered Jun 03 '14, 10:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Vince, I am at Innovate 2014. Please give me until next week to respond back to you with example failure responses?

Comments
Vince Thyng commented Jun 03 '14, 11:10 a.m.

I feel a little silly now as I just looked at the script and it is only a page.  In case others want this answer, here are the failure messages you could receive:
Connecting to $JazzURI FAILED!
Authenticating to $JazzURI FAILED!

And if the database status is not good, you get this multi line message:
Database Status for CLM Server \@ $JazzURI is not OK!
Database connection Status message provided by CLM is:
<message body>

permanent link
Vince Thyng (13723653) | answered Jun 02 '14, 6:25 p.m.
Hari, can you provide a sample of what is returned if there is an error with any of the 3 services checked?  My systems are all working and I need to write some handling for notification for when they are not.

permanent link
Robert Carter (42928589) | answered Jun 28 '13, 4:18 p.m.
Had some trouble getting this to work from MAC OSX 10.8.4.  Here's what I had to do:
Installed JSON-2.59
Installed Crypt-SSLeay-0.64
Installed libwww-perl-6.05
installed Mozilla-CA-20130114

updated script after this line:
my $Browser = LWP::UserAgent->new;

Added this line:
BEGIN { $ENV{PERL_LWP_SSL_VERIFY_HOSTNAME} = 0 };

this was necessary since my certificate is self-signed and to get the script to ignore certificate warning.

Hope this helps.

permanent link
Hari Vetsa (3165) | answered Mar 14 '13, 1:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Simon

I tested this extensively today with a variety of 4.0.1 servers. Basically the script works for JTS, CCM and QM applications. when I use the script for RM application, it gave me exact message as you described.
The reason being the RM application doesn't have its own database.

I can retrofit the script to test RM application separately. The basic premise of my article is to provide a mechanism that can be used readily for basic monitoring and also demonstrate our customers to extend its capabilities.

In future I may post a subsequent article to extend its capabilities.

If you are getting the error while monitoring CCM, JTS or QM application, you can modify the script after this line:
    $Response = $Browser->get( $JazzURI . "/service/com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.IServerStatusR
estService/databaseStatus");

Capture the $Response Content into a flat file and inspect for a reason for parsing failure.

Regards

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.