It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.1 integratio​n with Jenkins - personal build request - how do you specify a personal "load directory space"

Donald Poulin (2249119107) | asked Mar 13 '13, 5:30 a.m.
edited Mar 13 '13, 10:46 a.m. by Spencer Murata (2.3k115971)

In a previous forum entry I asked this question

In reviewing the article below since the recommendation is to use a "jazz source control" tab with a created build workspace - when requesting a build can you request the build with the option "personal build" where the requestor specifies their repository workspace as the "source" for the build?

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JazzScmWithJenkins

And the answer was ------

It seems like a personal build should work properly. Even though you specify the typical build repository workspace on the scm tab, you are also specifying the load workspace explicitly, per the wiki article "JazzWorkspace". 

However when you request a personal build option you are requested to enter a repository workspace and possibly a "component load rules" entry - but - no option to specify a "personal load directory"

In the buildOnHudsonJenkinsAdvanced  build script there is this line indicating that the value of workingDir must match the "load Directory" value in the build definition.

<property name="workingDir" value="C:/RTC02_Base/Dev"/> <!-- Must match the value in the RTC build definition load directory. -->

So how can you request a personal build and specify a "personal load directory" value?

One answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Mar 13 '13, 10:51 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 The property for the load directory is team.scm.fetchDestination, so you could alter the load directory that way.  That assumes that you are trying to keep the default load directory separate from a personal build load directory.  Generally the use case from the wiki is just loading everything into the same sandbox, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to keep them separate.

~Spencer

Comments
Donald Poulin commented Mar 13 '13, 11:21 a.m.

I have a stream build based on the article that works great. I now want to be able to use that for developers to request a "personal build" where the only differences are 1) their specified repository workspace and 2) "their" load directory. So could I do something like examine the requester userid and based on that alter the "workingDir" variable in the buildOnHudsonJenkinsAdvanced build script  to point to a separate area for each user? 

Spencer Murata commented Mar 13 '13, 3:50 p.m.

Yes that should work. 

Donald Poulin commented Mar 14 '13, 5:44 a.m.

One more question - what is property I can look at to tell me if "this" request is for a personal build?

Spencer Murata commented Mar 14 '13, 9:07 a.m. | edited Mar 14 '13, 9:07 a.m.

I believe that it is just 'personalBuild'.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.