It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Synchronization

Bharat Patel (81123943) | asked Mar 12 '13, 4:12 p.m.
retagged Mar 15 '13, 3:57 p.m. by Hadar Hawk (1882214)
I have two different RTC instance. Both instance is installed in different machine within same network. I would like to syncrhonize both RTC instance. Can I use Rational Synchronization Server (RSS) to syncrhonize this both RTC instance?

Comments
Thomas Immel commented Feb 12 '14, 4:28 a.m. | edited Feb 13 '14, 12:33 a.m.

Are there any updates on this topic ?
I got the same setup and looking for a solution.

Thomas Immel commented Feb 13 '14, 12:00 p.m. | edited Feb 13 '14, 12:58 p.m.

2008 pretty old i think. What about a more up to date solution.

Is there a IBM internal solution available (IIOSB or csnext) ?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 14 '14, 6:32 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sam's answer below is accurate as of 2014.  There is no IBM internal mechanism for this.

sam detweiler commented Feb 14 '14, 8:20 p.m.

think u meant no IBM Provided mechanism (not internal) 

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Feb 13 '14, 6:33 a.m.
edited Feb 14 '14, 8:19 p.m.
there is nothing out of the box provided by IBM.  there are products from other companies that can be used to synch at the workitem level, TaskTop Synch and Kovair Omnibus  are two that I have used. Tasktop polls the repository for changes, Kovair Omnibus has a plugin and captures events.

nothing will replicate all changes to the repository, other than database sync products, but then you will have an exact duplicate clone. and have to deal with the public URI problem.

see https://jazz.net/community/partners/?p=partnerPlugins
Geoffrey Clemm selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Feb 13 '14, 10:21 a.m.
This post https://jazz.net/forum/questions/88373/rtc-to-rtc-bridge  also pretty much quashes the idea.

permanent link
Kamal Kumar (16) | answered Mar 13 '13, 5:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No you can't use Rational Synchronization Server out-of-box to synchronize between two instance of RTC.

Rational Synchronization Server (RSS) is an extensible framework which can host any number of synchronizers written in a compatible way.  The latest version of RSS bundles these synchronizers out of box:
1. Rational Change for Change Interface
2. Rational Change for Focal Point Interface
3. Rational Change for Rational Team Concert Interface
4. Rational Change for Clear Quest Interface
5. Rational Focal Point for DOORS Interface
6. Rational Focal Point for Focal Point Interface
On top we have a customized synchronizer between Focal Point and Clear Quest which is installed separately.

As the RSS framework for RSS is extensible, one can add their own synchronizers. To develop to RTC-RTC synchronizer, one should first understand the framework and also known the RTC API's to use.

permanent link
KrishnaKanth Naik (76511015) | answered Mar 12 '13, 4:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Bharath

The Rational Synchronization Server (RSS) was originally built for synchronization between the traditional Telelogic tools, one of the specialization supported was synchronization between Rational Change to another Rational Change Synchronization.

As far as I know, this kind of synchronization is not supported for replicating/mirroring the RTC setups. I havent worked on the latest version of the synchronizer, but what I have from the Readme, this is still not an option.

Readme:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rsdp/v1r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.help.download.change.doc/pdf53/rtl_sync_srv_1-4-0-3_readme.htm

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.