It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Obsolete project areas

anna maria scardera (33711) | asked Mar 12 '13, 3:54 a.m.
When there are project areas no more used, is there a way to free the space into the database? In other words when there is a project area candidate to be archived which is the correct way to do it reducing also the space that is used into the repository database?

Thanks and regards
Anna Maria Scardera

One answer

permanent link
KrishnaKanth Naik (76511015) | answered Mar 12 '13, 6:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Anna

This particular feature has been registered as a RFE,  but is not yet in the product road map, I guess you should go ahead with a newer RFE submission:
Need a way to support for Project Area deletion  (231098)
A tool to decrease the database size (238489)

In both the cases, this request was rejected, but revisiting this scenario with more business specific requirements might give it a better momentum.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 12 '13, 6:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Since 4.x, I think it is at least possible to delete SCM data - if you really, really want it. Be careful, once it is gone, it stays gone.

anna maria scardera commented Mar 13 '13, 4:45 a.m. | edited Mar 13 '13, 5:30 a.m.

Thanks Krishna for your answer, the business specific requirements I think is for all the same reason: we can't have that the db sizing only increase.
I agree with you that a new RFE should be opened.

Thanks Ralph, could you please clarify better what you mean as 'deleting SCM data' which data are you referring to?

Regards
Anna

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 13 '13, 5:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Anna, please see https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/4.0?p=news#delete-contents however, this is a very tedious way to get rid of data. Maybe the SCM commandline can help.

anna maria scardera commented Mar 13 '13, 6:22 a.m.

Thanks Ralph, you're right for the tedious way but if needed it is a way.
Regards

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.