It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can not change Contributor list (type) and Duration (type) to readOnly.

ryosuke oka (17984648) | asked Mar 12 '13, 3:48 a.m.
edited Mar 13 '13, 5:13 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
My client is having an issue to set an attribute of
[1] Contributor list (type) - Contributor list (kind) and
[2] Duration (type) - Time Duration (Kkind)
to ReadOnly,

We have tested this many times with different configurations & settings but we can not make these attributes to be ReadOnly.
Please see the screen shot of the issue and let me know if there is any other way to make these attributes to be ReadOnly.

3 answers

permanent link
Anurag Rajput (8011723) | answered Mar 15 '13, 1:30 p.m.
 Hi Ryosuke,

With v 3.0,below link can be help full to make attributes read only in particular state: 

Regards,
Anurag Rajput

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 13 '13, 5:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 13 '13, 5:22 a.m.
Hi, this is a very interesting question and observation. I tested this with 3.0.1.1 and it appears there is no way to do that in 3.x. I have found some defects for 4.x for example defect 208023  so apparently there are issues with some attribute types.

I tried another approach which was to make the contributor list attribute read only in general, but even that did not fix the issue, unfortunately. The trouble with the estimate could be caused by the fact that the presentation actually is built from several attributes. I have seen issues with that presentation in the past.

The only way how I think you could save this in 3.x would be to create your own operational behavior. An advisor (pre-condition), that checks if the values have changed and prevents from saving the change. See http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/rtc-update-parent-duration-estimation-and-effort-participant/ for example code. Please be aware that that is a follow up action and you want to create an advisor. http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/01/restrict-delivery-of-changesets-to-workitem-types-advisordelivery-of-changesets-associated-to-wrong-work-item-types-advisor/ describes an advisor and talks about the differences. The last post is however for a different operation. You want your advisor for the operation used in the first post. The posts have also links to https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/CustomPreconditionsTable#operations where you can look up the ID's for the operations used.

Comments
ryosuke oka commented Mar 13 '13, 10:24 p.m.

Hi Ralph,
Thanks for tips!

permanent link
Anurag Rajput (8011723) | answered Mar 12 '13, 5:36 a.m.
Hi Ryosuke ,

You Can make it read only by adding precondition "Read-Only Attributes For Type and State" in Operation Behavior and set the attribute accordingly.

Regards,
Anurag

Comments
ryosuke oka commented Mar 12 '13, 10:17 p.m. | edited Mar 13 '13, 4:48 a.m.

Oh, I see. This precondition was added in v4.0 and it works OK. Thank you.
However, my client is using v3.0.1 and there seems to be no equivalent function.

Thank you!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.