It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to export time without "hours" or "mins" spelled out

Mike Shkolnik (9808160143) | asked Mar 11 '13, 6:10 p.m.
If I do a CSV export with any of the estimate or time columns, I get "XX Hours" in a text field in excel. What I really want is just the number so I can do math. Yes, I can highlight the column and do a replace of " hours" with nothing, followed by a replace of " hour" with nothing (for 1 hour tasks), but that becomes more problematic when I have "8 hours 30 minutes". Then after the first two replaces I have to replace " 30 mins" with ".5". With multiple denominations of minutes in use, it gets even more complicated and the margin of error goes up. Would be nice if I could just export the number. Is that possible?

One answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Mar 12 '13, 9:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Mike,
use internal value - and not default label - to CSV export your durations - like the estimate.

In the CSV file, you'll get duration in ms - but you will be able to do the math in the CSV file.
sample entry:
Task    "65"    "New"    "Unassigned"    "Normal"    "Define a new build"    "Eric JODET"    "Eric JODET"    "5400000"

Hope it helps.
Eric.

Comments
Mike Shkolnik commented Mar 12 '13, 12:30 p.m.

Thanks, that works. Though I would love to see an option to output in hours (including fractions thereof) instead of milliseconds. Adding a column to multiply everything by 2.77777777777778E-07 is a tad kludgey.

Eric Jodet commented Mar 12 '13, 12:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Mike,
glad it worked.
Unfortunately - internal value is stored in ms.
So you have to do the conversion in the CSV file.

Thanks.
Eric.

Jamie Schena commented Jun 06 '13, 2:46 p.m.

Is there a way to do something similar in the Web application?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.