It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change Request in RRC

Amit Girme (1131927) | asked Mar 10 '13, 1:23 a.m.
 Hi All,

I created requirements in RRC and those requirements are approved by SME.

Now after approval if any change is to be made in approved requirements then how do i incorporate those change Request in RRC.

How the change request will be initiated and incorporated in RRC?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Amit

One answer

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered Mar 10 '13, 4:27 a.m.
 Hi Amit,
                You can use RTC for change requests - and link the requirements items to the CRs - using the CLM Links.

Comments
Amit Girme commented Mar 10 '13, 7:50 a.m.

Hi Valli,

Thanks for your reply.

But how i can initiate and track those Change Request in RRC?

Regards,
Amit

VK L commented Mar 10 '13, 8:13 a.m.
You should associate RTC Project area as a change request provider - then, you can create the requirements change requests from within RRC also - using the link  "Implemented by"
Once you link the requirement with Change request in RTC, You can track the status from  the requirement itself - the link will be present in links section (hover over it to find details such as status etc).

Robin Bater commented Mar 12 '13, 4:57 p.m. | edited Mar 12 '13, 4:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Also, in the grid view you can also add an ImplementedBy or TrackedBy column depending upon which link was used between the requirement and work item. This allows you to see the status (via icons) of multiple linked work items.

It is also possible to filter the grid view by the status of the work item. This view can also be saved as a personal view.

For more information this help topic provides more detail:

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/t_manage_req_attrs.html&scope=null

specifically:

• Limit by lifecycle status. The status of the linked lifecycle artifacts, such as:
    • development work items, using the Implemented By link type
    • defects, using the Affected By link type
    • tasks, using the Tracked By link type
    • test cases, using the Validated By link type

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.