It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does my new Follow Up Action not show up in my Project Area?

Andrew Soloninka (5511924) | asked Mar 08 '13, 11:11 p.m.
retagged Aug 12 '13, 11:11 a.m. by Ralph Earle (25739)
 I have created a new Follow Up Action for the Save Work Item Operation. While
using the Jetty server the Follow Up Action appeared in the Process Configuration
and I was able to select it and it worked successfully. When I deployed it on the 
Tomcat Server running on my system, it did not appear in the Process Configuration 
(for the Save Work Item Operation). I have been using the IBM Rational Team Concert
4.0 Extensibility Lab Exercises to troubleshoot and I have found and corrected 
several inconsistencies with my Element ID and Component ID. However, I still can't 
get my Follow Up Action to appear. Any suggestions. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Andrew Soloninka (5511924) | answered Mar 22 '13, 10:38 a.m.
 Found out that I was using the ITeamRepository and TeamPlatform from the Client API in my server extension. I will replace these with classes from the Server API. Thanks Jorge and Ralph
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 22 '13, 1:36 p.m.

generally you don't even need this as you are running as an extension of the repository.

long as your class extends AbstractService you should have access to methods you might need

5 other answers

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Aug 06 '13, 8:17 a.m.
I have also seen this in the past. What I generally do is add a system.out... in the activator class and start Tomcat with OSGI console enabled to verify if the plugin is loading.

Comments
dinesh kumar commented Aug 06 '13, 10:26 a.m.

I have added the sysout in Activator class but am not getting any printed outputs, since am facing the issue,

[       Launch callback handler]  WARN eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService  - CRJZS0383W Failed to resolve the bundle "abc".

sam detweiler commented Aug 06 '13, 10:28 a.m.

can you show us your plugin.xml and your manifest.mf file info?

dinesh kumar commented Aug 07 '13, 8:00 a.m.

Hi thanks for your replies.

I had a dependecny "com.jcraft.jsch", which i was missing, this caused the issue in deploying.

Now its getting successfully deployed. And my sysout in Activator class also getting printed. Bundle is getting started.

But In client its not showing up in "follow-up" action. Still its showing as "0".

No error in ccm.log.

sam detweiler commented Aug 07 '13, 8:05 a.m.

have you restarted the client? many times the client caching prevents seeing new configuration items.

also, was the plugin defined to be an advisor or follow action in its Plugin.XML?
   <extension
         point="com.ibm.team.process.service.operationParticipants">
      <operationParticipant
            class="com.xx.test.Participant"
            id="testparticipant"
            name="test actions"
            operationId="com.ibm.team.workitem.operation.workItemSave">
      </operationParticipant>
   </extension>

or for advisors

<extension
         point="com.ibm.team.process.service.operationAdvisors">

Indradri Basu commented Aug 07 '13, 8:17 a.m.

Have you performed the CCM server reset ? Refer to Sam's first post in this thread.

sam detweiler commented Aug 07 '13, 8:19 a.m.

he said above that he now sees his system.out.println from the activator class on the server command window.

dinesh kumar commented Aug 07 '13, 8:46 a.m.

Thank you so much Sam for your support, finally its done ! deployed and its showed up in client !.

i have given "operationID" wrongly !.

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

permanent link
dinesh kumar (133) | answered Aug 06 '13, 6:02 a.m.
Am also facing with the same issue.

1.I am also having component registration in one plugin and extension service in another plugin.
I have extracted the jar and veriified and no file is found missing.

I have no clue where I am making mistake.

Also in my service extension plugin, am having "asynchronous task extension". Please help me out.

Comments
dinesh kumar commented Aug 06 '13, 6:04 a.m.

I have also given unique component ids. Please suggest me some solution.

sam detweiler commented Aug 06 '13, 8:18 a.m.

and you are sure the server side is loaded properly?
the server log file shows no errors..

did you restart both server and client in clean mode?

client is eclipse -clean

I had a couple cases where I forgot to add the runtime dependancies to the new service plugin.xml, so my service failed.

Sam

dinesh kumar commented Aug 06 '13, 9:38 a.m.

yes am getting error in ccm.log
[       Launch callback handler]  WARN eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService  - CRJZS0383W Failed to resolve the bundle "abc".

and along with this bundle am having two other common components, that is getting loaded perfectly ! And i could not see any other errors.

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 09 '13, 8:13 a.m.
and you have to restart the tomcat server after requesting to flush the plugin cache

https://server/ccm/admin/cmd/requestReset
then restart the CCM server

Comments
Andrew Soloninka commented Mar 11 '13, 12:00 a.m.
Thanks Sam, I'll remember this in the future

Flushed the plugin and then restarted the server, but the Follow Up Action is still not visible.  

sam detweiler commented Mar 11 '13, 8:17 a.m. | edited Mar 11 '13, 8:18 a.m.

and you restarted eclipse..  sometimes this is also required..(I don't have a repeatable scenario)
and you looked in the ccm log on the server too, right?

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 11 '13, 8:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sam, I ran into something recently, that I can also not explain. I connected with my Eclipse that I use to develop the participant to the project area on the test server I launched from it. The plugin was there, but the configuration from Eclipse did not work correctly - I saw old schema versions. I finally started a new Eclipse2 launch and there it worked.

Jared Burns commented Mar 15 '13, 4:02 p.m.

Ralph, the RTC client caches schema version information from the server. The assumption is that the schemas from the server don't normally change out from under the client in a production scenario. You have to restart the client to re-fetch the schemas.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 16 '13, 4:12 a.m.

Thanks Jared. I meant the comment rather as a warning to other users not to do what I did. 

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 09 '13, 4:49 a.m.
 My best guess is, you are missing files or some other deployment error. On the plugins build tab make sure you have the plugin.xml checked. Open the jar files with a zip tool and check for class files etc.

Open https://host:port/ccm/admin?internal=true and check the component status. Look if your component at least shows up. 

Comments
Andrew Soloninka commented Mar 10 '13, 10:50 p.m.

Component for the Follow Up Action appears with no errors. Checked the Build tab found the plugin.xml checked.  

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 11 '13, 4:02 a.m.

Hard to tell with so few information. If you have a component in a plugin and the extension in another, I would assume the deployment is missing files. I typically check  the JAR files for their content using 7zip in cases like that. If it runs in Jetty and does not in Tomcat but showing up as a component, it is a deployment issue - missing files in 90% of the cases. I would check the CCM log file and check the JAR's. You could check to export all files in the build.xml's for the first step. Delete all generated files in the update site project and repackage, redeploy again, including request reset. Run an extra Eclipse client to check if you can configure the extension.   

permanent link
VK L (8177155159) | answered Mar 09 '13, 3:19 a.m.
 Hi Andrew,
                     Please check the ccm.log file for errors related to the deployed plugin.

Thanks

Comments
Andrew Soloninka commented Mar 10 '13, 11:07 p.m.

Checked the ccm.log and found no errors related to the deployed plugins 

Andrew Soloninka commented Mar 15 '13, 1:55 p.m.

I found an error in the ccm.log that I overlooked because the error only occurs when the server is started:

CRJZS0383W Failed to resolve the bundle <Name of Bundle I'm Trying to deploy>.

There was a question raised about this error but the answer indicated that user really didn't do anything except change some code in one of the classes and then change it back the the original code and the problem went away. 

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 16 '13, 4:11 a.m.

Your update site is probably broken. Or some IDs don't match.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.