It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get change history of a *specific* stream via scm command

Wei Huang (748) | asked Mar 07 '13, 11:21 p.m.
 Suppose I'm working on Stream B (which was branched off based on Stream A) right now.

Is there a way to get the changes happened on Stream B *ONLY*?

The command
scm h -m <number>-c <component>
is almost what I want, but not exactly - because this command will include the changes in Stream A as well.

Could anyone give some advise?

Thanks,
Wei.

Comments
Wei Huang commented Mar 08 '13, 12:55 a.m.

PS:the -w option didn't help.

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Mar 08 '13, 10:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
FYI, the history of a stream isn't possible. You are displaying the history of a component in the context of a stream. You would have to get the history of all the components in the stream using separate commands to see what has changed in the stream.

-w is the option to specify the workspace for displaying the history. Can you elaborate on how it doesn't work for you?

Comments
Wei Huang commented Mar 10 '13, 1:40 a.m.

Using separate command are all right for me.

Actually, my key concern is the current history command (no matter it's with -w or not) will return ALL changes since the creation of the component - i.e. include both Stream A and Stream B - but Stream A is not what I want.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 10 '13, 9:46 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note that when you ask for changes to component in the context of a given stream, it will give you all the changes that have led up to the current state of that component in that stream ... all of these changes will have been made in various workspaces (except for the web client, which makes changes directly to a stream), and then delivered to the stream (possibly having been delivered to other streams on their way to being delivered to this stream).   So it doesn't really make sense to talk about "changes that happened on stream B" ... the changes happened in various workspaces, not in stream B ... stream B just "receives" sets of changes from varioius places ... including stream A.

Tim Mok commented Mar 11 '13, 9:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If the changes from Stream A were the base of Stream B then you also get that as part of the history.

For the purpose of what you want, I think you should take a look at the compare command. It will show the differences between the two streams. Unless you've delivered the changes from Stream B back to Stream A, the changes shown for just Stream B will be what you want.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.