It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Changeset comments

Amit Master (1145) | asked Mar 07 '13, 11:41 a.m.
Is there a way I can only comment on just my changesets?  Currently, I can make comment changes to all changesets, mine or not.

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Mar 07 '13, 4:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

So just to be clear, you want to disable users from editing comments for change sets that they do not own.

Amit Master commented Mar 07 '13, 4:33 p.m.

That is correct.  There are other users who can easily change anyone else's comments and that takes away from the integrity.  It only does this in Visual Studio.  In Eclipse, it does not let you allow to change comments of other team memeber's comments.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 08 '13, 11:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Amit, I think you would have to create and advisor for that. I think it would be similar to this code http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/01/restrict-delivery-of-changesets-to-workitem-types-advisordelivery-of-changesets-associated-to-wrong-work-item-types-advisor/ but you would not have to look at the work item, but to look if the owner of the change set is the logged in user, in case a comment is added. You can get the logged in user from the advisor operation data.

permanent link
Andrew Niefer (7135) | answered Mar 08 '13, 11:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is an enhancement introduced for RTC 4.0.3 which will allow setting process permissions in the Team Area to control modifying change set comments.

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Mar 08 '13, 11:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you provide a link to the enhancement?

Andrew Niefer commented Mar 08 '13, 11:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

There are two related enhancements:  Change Set Comments, Change Set Links

Amit Master commented Mar 11 '13, 9:16 a.m. | edited Mar 11 '13, 9:44 a.m.

Thank you for the replies!  I just want to be clear.

Visual Studio - I can currently make changes to all comments, either mine or not.

Eclipse - I cannot make changes to comments except my own.

I am okay with the Eclipse.  Not with Visual Studio.  So, you are saying that in RTC 4.0.3, I will have the option to block other users, in Visual Studio, from making any changes to comments except their own?

Thank you for all your time and help!!

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 11 '13, 10:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Amit,

in this case it is potentially an enhancement request for the visual studio client. Otherwise you would have to look into coding an advisor that checks the comment on delivery and makes sure it is not changed or only by the owner of the change set.

Amit Master commented Mar 13 '13, 12:19 p.m.

Thanks Ralph!  I will give that a try.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.