It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Total estimates over time chart in formal process project

Stuart Cornell (1135) | asked Mar 07 '13, 10:15 a.m.
 In RTC 4.0.1 It appears that all the burndown type charts are not available or applicable for projects that use the formal project management process. Is there an equivalent chart available which would show total estimates over time for a given set of Work Items to work as a burndown chart?

One answer

permanent link
Christophe Lucas (86224948) | answered Mar 08 '13, 9:51 p.m.
Hi Stuart, you can actually deploy the Burndown report (and other 'missing' reports) to a Formal PM-based Project Area: in the Eclipse client, go to Reports-Report Template, right-click 'Deploy New Templates...' and select the reports you want.

Comments
Stuart Cornell commented Mar 11 '13, 6:26 a.m.

Hi Christophe. Thanks for that, but can you be a bit more specific about where 'Reports' is in eclipse? I'm a new user and haven't quite found may way around yet.

Christophe Lucas commented Mar 11 '13, 6:44 a.m.

Hi Stuart, seems the wording 'Deploy New Templates' was replaced by 'Deploy New Resources' in the right-click highlighted below ... does this work for you ?

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 11 '13, 7:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I doubt that deploying the report helps with the data. These reports act on complexity data (for example story points) and that data is collected in the data warehouse. If you don't have a complexity for the burndown, I don't see how the chart should calculate the complexity if there is no complexity available. I have however not tried what would be possible should you add a complexity attribute.

Christophe Lucas commented Mar 11 '13, 8:13 a.m.

The Burndown I referred to (and I assumed your question Stuart) is the 'Burndown' (hours), not the 'Release Burndown' (story points).

Stuart Cornell commented Mar 12 '13, 6:58 a.m.

That's got it sorted! Thankyou very much for the help. 

Christophe Lucas commented Mar 13 '13, 2:36 a.m.

Great Stuart ... happy it works for you. 

You might just want to 'Mark this answer as the accepted answer !' so it gets out of the forum's 'Unanswered Questions backlog'.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.