It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

List of presentation properties

Bruno Braga (48013621) | asked Nov 19 '08, 3:45 p.m.
In Editor Presentations, some elements may need special properties (<key> pairs).

What are the properties to each Kind?
Example: String. Has width? height?

I'm trying to create a single line text field, but Kind "String" is multi-line.

2 answers

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Nov 20 '08, 2:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
There is not documentation about the available properties, but there are not many anyway.

The interesting for presentations ones in short:
- hideIfEmpty: when set to true, the presentation will only show up, when the attribute has a different value than its null value. Example: the Resolved By and Resolution Date fields that only appear when a work item is resolved. Supported by all presentations
- readonly: shows the value of the attribute in a read-only way. Only supported by Timestamp and Contributor kind.

In your specific case, for attributes of type string (smallString, mediumString and string), there are two possible presentations: Text and String. Text is a multi-line control, String a single-line one.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Bruno Braga (48013621) | answered Nov 20 '08, 6:43 a.m.
No... String is a multi-line too :/

I checked again and in TC Client String is a single-line, but in web is a multi-line.

I opened a defect for this, okay?
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Project#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=64797

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.