It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC jenkins plugin doesn't work as expected

Youraj Singh (23136) | asked Mar 07 '13, 12:21 a.m.
edited Mar 07 '13, 9:37 a.m. by Spencer Murata (2.3k115971)
RTC version 4 jenkins plugin doesn't work at all if there are any changes delivered to the stream by some other team members but not yet accepted by me in my workspace. Since i am giving my workspace in jenkins configuration. It tries to compare the content of my workspace with that of stream which is the expected behavior and is needed for CI. But it fails every time popping up NullPointerException.

Not sure whether this is the right forum to ask this question but i need this information badly because we are stuck due to this problem.

Regards,
Youraj

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 07 '13, 8:29 a.m.
Is this the open source plugin?  yes there appears to be a bug in that it attempts to do an SCM Accept but doesn't pass the repository URL.

the author has not updated the plugin for quite a while.  I downloaded the source to look at this problem the other day, but like everything else its a new pile of work to learn how to build a Jenkins plugin.

the RTC product V4 does not provide a Jenkins plugin that I am aware of, but you can use the scm commandline.or JBE, but YOU have to do all the work. the V4 Jenkins support allows you to configure RTC to fire a Jenkins job and retrieve the build result into an RTC Build record.  I am currently using all this with one of my applications.(and publishing/consuming artifacts in Artifactory).

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Mar 07 '13, 9:06 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 07 '13, 9:36 a.m.
 We are working internally to provide a Hudson plugin.  The planning item is here:

However for now, short of fixing the problem yourself from the source, we can replicate the same CI functionality by using our RTC side tooling with Jenkins.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JazzScmWithJenkins

~Spencer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.