It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Switch Workspace menu shows deleted workspace

Alexa Nafke (4167) | asked Mar 06 '13, 2:54 p.m.

I used Eclipse to delete a workspace and followed up by deleting it from the file system, so it is really, really gone.  However, when I pull down the Switch Workspace menu it is still offered as a choice.  How do I get it to go away completely?

2 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Mar 06 '13, 5:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You have to be careful with what you refer to as a workspace. Eclipse has a workspace and RTC has a repository workspace. When you load a repository workspace into your Eclipse workspace, a sandbox is created. The "Switch workspace" action is switching the Eclipse workspace. It's just a list of locations where you've previously used as an Eclipse workspace. It doesn't track whether you've deleted it or not.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Mar 06 '13, 3:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

Try looking for org.eclipse.ui.ide.prefs (mine is here - C:\IBM\TeamConcert401\configuration\.settings) and that holds the list of Eclipse workspaces.

anthony

Comments
John Riendeau commented Mar 06 '13, 3:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can also view and remove items from this list via the Eclipse UI: Window -> Preferences -> General -> Startup and Shutdown -> Workspaces.

Anthony Kesterton commented Mar 06 '13, 3:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

That sounds even better John - should have thought of that first.  You learn something new every day :-)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.