It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

update jazz user password by REST API

sun vincent (111) | asked Mar 06 '13, 2:34 a.m.
edited Mar 06 '13, 8:10 a.m. by Spencer Murata (2.3k115971)
 I am writing an application where I need to change jazz user password from my app. Is there any REST API available for that functionality?
thanks!

Comments
sun vincent commented Mar 06 '13, 2:37 a.m. | edited Mar 26 '13, 11:17 a.m.

And i want to get the all REST APIs document what jazz server supplies? anybody knows how to get it ?

2 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Mar 06 '13, 6:33 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a public API to change user passwords.  Here are the public APIs for the CLM applications:

RQM:

RQM Reportable API
OSLC QM V2 API

RTC:

RTC Reportable API
OSLC CM V2 API

RRC:

RRC Reportable API
OSLC RM V2 API

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Mar 25 '13, 4:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The common and preferred way to have your Jazz user management done by integrating with a LDAP server.
If you are using a LDAP server, you should use the LDAP API to update your user info.
As Paul says, there is no public Jazz API for maintaining users om a Tomcat user registry or a LDAP server.

Comments
Gili Mendel commented Apr 01 '13, 12:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Passwords are not really managed directly by these apps.   They are using the JEE container to drive authentication. Authentication is done with some type of user registry... It really depends on the registry the JEE container (tomcat, WAS, ...) is configured with.  LDAP is one option, File is another .... 
... as @bbekker noted above... it is the registry's mgt. api you need.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.