It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Email Notifications on Work Item Change - Showing Contributor as jts_user instead of actual user.

Chris Marsh (37236) | asked Mar 05 '13, 4:11 p.m.
edited Mar 05 '13, 4:12 p.m.
 So as the title suggests, I am seeing notification emails being sent out just fine and dandy. There is one problem though. The user that "made the changes", in this case added a comment to a story, always shows up as jts_user rather than the person who made the comment.

Any ideas?

I checked the email templates and they are the default templates. The field is listed as <b>${change.contributor.name}</b> 

This should be the user that made the comment, correct?

Thanks

4 answers

permanent link
Barb Oxenford (231113) | answered Apr 04 '13, 8:22 p.m.
We are also experiencing the same thing!  Not will all users though.  It appears  to only be one user having this problem right now.

permanent link
Elisabeth Carbone (616108) | answered Apr 05 '13, 2:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is a defect about this issue, corrected in 4.0.3 and seems to be backported to 4.0.2. For more details see Email message sender is different that the user that makes a change (242836) 

permanent link
Samir Patel (357) | answered Jun 17 '13, 10:45 a.m.
Started seeing similar issue post running of reindexing. We are currently at 4.0.1 version (updated just few months back), will there be any hot fixes for this version?

permanent link
Elisabeth Carbone (616108) | answered Jun 17 '13, 11:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Samir,
what I can see there is no existing hotfix on top of 4.0.1. But in any way you would have to request it through Support  by opening a Service Request and ask for it. Hotfixes are only forwarded by Support.

/Elisabeth

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.