It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Setting up a trusted relationship between different RTCs on different JTS's

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | asked Mar 05 '13, 1:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

I have a setup where I have mutliple RTC instances with multiple JTS's (one for each RTC instance).  If I set up friendship between each JTS/RTC instance, I still have to login to each server as I moved between web pages on the different RTC instances. 

Is my friendship between the different RTC instances broken?

Can I eliminate the need to login each time I moved between pages on the different RTC instances?

thanks

anthony

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 05 '13, 2:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Anthony, I don't think, just because the applications are friends and can use their certificate to collaborate with each other, the servers should let their guards down and trust you as a user (no insult intended). So from my perspective, you have to log in on the other server as a user at least once and the cookie should take care of it afterwards. I am not sure why you have to log in each and every time. I would assume you have to log in at each server once.

If you are using IHS and WAS, you could look into setting up SSO. In this case I would assume IHS and WAS are using LPTA tokens to cross certify your users log in credentials. 

Comments
Guido Schneider commented Mar 05 '13, 8:58 a.m.

In addition to the SSO setup in WAS you also may have to add it to the other URL to the whitelist in the Advanced Properties like you have to do for RRDI.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.